Home >> Frustration >> There is a Silver Lining to Every Problem in Life, even PCCOE!

There is a Silver Lining to Every Problem in Life, even PCCOE!

Started in 1990, The Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering has managed to stand the test of time and has become “one of the best colleges in PCMC area” (Quoted by media..not me.) Many of us might agree to this (mostly parents), many of us might not. The kids studying in PCCOE will definitely not agree to it and the only people from DY Akurdi who will agree to this are the nerds and geeks who are bound to the constraints of academics. Duh!

With more than 300 students coming in every year, the common dialogue remains the same for every student:

“Yaar kiss college mei admission le liya maine?!”


Well, this dialogue is as pointless as Rahul Gandhi’s speeches in his campaigns. It’s too late. Moving on to the college itself, what are things that makes PCCOE stand out from other colleges and makes it so hated by all of us?

PCCOE has a Uniform!

Wearing the college uniform daily to college could be considered as one of those things. That’s one of the few thing the DY people have to mock us about. Both colleges have uniforms, the only difference is that we HAVE to wear it and they MAY wear it if they feel like it.


The Campus Sucks!

The canteen in our college has a limited menu which may serve you the very same “misal pav” and “wada pav” for the next 50 years. The canteen, seminar hall, reading hall, library as well parking is full of sign boards which would embarrass Wren and Martin themselves saying “Be proud of PCCOEean” (What the hell does that even mean?!!!) Every tree in the campus has got a name plate, with the hope that

“Ye 4 saal mei aur kuch ho na ho, atleast bache pedho ke naam yaad kar lenge”

The parking in college is as disastrous as ever thanks to the new construction work taken up in the campus. The departments which is basically one stretch of corridor which has no sign of life during lectures gives us the feeling of being in high school.


The Crowd is Crazy!

Then there is the PCCOE theorem which states that

“For every fun loving guy/girl there are 4 students who will make it their life long mission to make sure there is no sign of fun in your class.”


Gangs of PCCOE!

Also the wannabe “gundas” of our college who prefer spending their 4 years in college in pure violence and maara maari. These acts of maara maari some how makes them feel more manly and awesome. (Three words : GET A LIFE).


Teachers or Hitler’s Army?

80% of the teachers in college will make sure that all the salary they get will be thoroughly earned, to make sure that defaulters are treated as criminals. The rest 20% are mostly neutral which is much better than being supportive trust me. Also the lecturers were themselves trained specially to be “Grammar Nazi’s” making sure that every bit of grammar like “Have you listened to the lecture?” in their vocabulary is launched at you.

READ ALSO – How are Students Treated when they don’t Prepare for the Placement Drives


I could keep going on and on but I prefer to stop and take a moment to think…that even after facing such horrendous 4 years..what makes us miss the college when we say our farewells? We say we don’t really like our uniform but we all agree that it was much better than what it was a few years back and also much better than many other horrendous uniforms I have witnessed. We hate our campus.. but still all of us have had at least one memorable moment at some location of the very same campus. No matter how bad life gets here.. there is always something that will make you oppose any offensive comments against your college pride and will always make you think.. hold on.. this actually isn’t thaaat bad. 

Img Source: Flickr by Majdear

Img Source: Flickr by Majdear

Share your views in the form of comments or hit one of the share buttons to let your friends know more about PCCOE!

READ ALSO – Being Rich is a Permanent Glitch


  1. Hahaha… awesome ! Soooo true !
    College ki sari yaadein taza ho gayi 🙂

  2. My partner and I stumbled over here from a different web
    page and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
    Look forward to finding out about your web page
    yet again.

  3. Keep on writing, great job!

  4. Maintain the remarkable job !! Lovin’ it!

  5. Thank you for a very useful post!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


Check Also

FestX by ETSA PCCOE Pune

FestX 3.0 by The E&TC Student Association (ETSA) of PCCOE is happening on 18-19th Jan 2024

FestX 3.0 is organized by ETSA of PCCOE Pune with a shared passion for innovation & possibilities that arise when diverse minds converge.