Hey there reader! Our team at Campus Times Pune has come up with a brand new section for Tech Reviews. To begin with our very first review, we have chosen the most awaited phone (Brand) of the year – The Android One.
Everyone who watched the Google I/O 2014 Keynote speech was surely thrilled to have heard Google’s new initiative called Android One. For those who haven’t, Android One is a set of hardware standards that Google has defined. Long story short – Quality hardware which is affordable. It has tied up with three upcoming smartphone manufacturers in India viz. Micromax, Karbonn and Spice.
Read Also – Android L Developers Preview | Expert Review
The phones with android one specifications have exact looks, hardware and Operating System, irrespective of the manufacturer. In addition to this, Google guarantees regular and prompt updates/upgrades for the next two years. This means we are gonna be one of the first people to get Android L! (Hell Yeah!)
What is so special about this little beast?
This phone has quite catchy specs:
- Processor : 1.3 GHz Quad Core Mediatek MT6582 chip.
- Memory : 4GB ROM and 1GB RAM.
- Storage : Can be expanded by inserting a micro SD card.
- Camera : 5MP with Flash (Primary), 2MP (Secondary)
- Display : FWVGA screen (480 x 854 pixels) with a pixel density of around 218 ppi
- Battery : 1700 mAh
- Android : KitKat 4.4.4
Keeping in mind such tempting specifications, the phone is quite cheap. You can grab a piece off amazon.in at just Rs. 6499
The first thing that you notice, is the elegance of packaging. Next thing is when you open the box, grab the phone and flip it over. It has a beautiful speaker and the android one logo over it. Feels Nexus-ish.
This phone is undoubtedly the poor man’s Nexus.
Latest posts by Campus Times Team (see all)
- Everything You Need to Know About 5 Manache Ganpati and Ganeshotsav in Pune - August 16, 2020
- Compare Top 10 Engineering Colleges In Pune Before Taking Admission in 2020 - March 2, 2020
- 10 College Events That Students Studying In Pune Should Never Miss! | Campus Times Pune Exclusive - February 17, 2020