The burgeoning music culture in India just got another boost! Under the Million Fun Experiences umbrella, Vodafone U today announced the launch of ‘Vodafone U- Battle of the Bands’ in Maharashtra and Goa. This unique music competition, presents an opportunity for college bands to perform on a bigger stage and be recognised for their talent.
The month long competition kicked off in the latter half of July with a one of a kind. BOTB Tour Bus is now scheduled to travel to 6 cities – Pune, Nashik, Aurangabad, Nagpur, Kolhapur and Goa. They will be covering a distance of nearly 5000 kms to increase the buzz around the first edition of the competition. In Pune however, 15 colleges have been reached for auditions so far.
Following is the list of colleges already been covered :
Here are some moments from the auditions that took place in the above mentioned colleges in Pune.
The auditions in Pune are scheduled to happen on 2nd and 3rd September at Symbiosis Institute of International Business, details of which can also be followed through social media channels of Vodafone U Battle of the Bands. Band can also register on the spot incase they have missed the deadline. Shortlisted bands from each city will qualify for a Grand Finale in Pune and get a chance to perform live. The winners of grand finale will get to take cash prizes worth INR 1.5 Lakhs and will get the opportunity to perform in the Radio Mirchi music station in Pune!
The grand finale is set to take place on 18th September at the very popular BlueFrog Pune. Details of the event can be tracked down via the FB Event Page for the same. The first three finalists have been announced already from the auditions that took place in Nashik, Aurangabad and Nagpur.
The names of finalists announced so far are:
- Agamya – MIT College, Aurangabad
- Saranga – From various colleges in Nashik
- Aayog – HISLOP College, Nagpur
- MH43India – Sanpada College, Navi Mumbai
- Into Bracket – FTII Pune
- After Acoustic – Pune University
- Skirmish – AISSMS College, Pune
- Tashkar – Modern College
- Richman & Co. – SIIB Hinjewadi
- Aakar – KIT College, Kolhapur
- The Unknown Artists – Rosary College of Arts, Goa
See you at the Grand Finale!
Vodafone India Business Head – Maharashtra and Goa Ashish Chandra said,
“Vodafone U – Battle of the Bands is an opportunity for our young patrons to create a lifetime worth of memories with their friends. As a part of this campaign, we are visiting 100 leading colleges across the state. With Vodafone U, fun will always be on for them as their world of interest, residing in their pocket, will be active, 24X7.”
Latest posts by Campus Times Team (see all)
- Compare Top 10 Engineering Colleges In Pune Before Taking Admission in 2020 - March 2, 2020
- 10 College Events That Students Studying In Pune Should Never Miss! | Campus Times Pune Exclusive - February 17, 2020
- Xpressions 2019 : Here’s All That Happened At The Annual Cultural Fest Of XIMB! - November 18, 2019