“As the sky gave a starry glance to my twinkling eyes,
The fantasies I slept with finally rose from the ashes of time.”
Thomso, a much-celebrated package of art, culture, expression with an overflow of excitement and energy, highlights IIT Roorkee’s cultural depth and ignites pride in its heritage and legacy. It nurtures the defining climate for cultural rejuvenation among the students who are in their formative years of creativity. Interestingly, it is continuously evolving since its inception in 1982 in terms of quality.
The theme for the 38th version of Thomso is ‘A Gleaming Gala’ that revolves around the way that the play of light that has baffled us for generations together. Thomso’19 as never before is going to cradle its own mesmerizing and zestful aura. A multitude of artistry in presence of power-packed shows by professionals of national and international standards that one can think of unwinds the charm within you and let the waves of light take you to its abode.
Thomso has been graced by several celebrities in the past such as Farhan Akhtar, Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan, Kailash Kher, KK, Sushmita Sen, Shaan, Indian Ocean, The Local Train, Nikhil D’ Souza, and international artists like DJ Marnik, DJ Nucleya, DJ Wolfpack, and many more. Thomso organizes over 150 events in a span of 3 days covering every topic under the sun from Dance to Literature, Music to Technology, Fashion to Finance, Fine arts to Cyber Gaming, Cinema to Showbiz and what not. The majestic grandeur of this three-day cultural extravaganza unlocks a spectrum full of infinite possibilities for the creative folks and talented personnel. The winners of all these competitions are offered prizes worth Rs. 30 Lakhs! The major centre stage events under various genres are-
- Campus Diva, Vogue, Mr & Ms Thomso: Contests for the fashion freaks.
- Footloose, Step Up: Dance competitions
- Battle of Band, Sargam: Spellbinding musical performances to witness.
- Literati, Spin a Yarn, Open Mic, Slam Poetry: Events for the literary fanatics.
- Paint Fiesta, Art Talkies, Costume Design: Events about Marketing and Finance.
Thomso Carnival dominated for the entire three days of the fest. Paintball to Body Zorbing, Human foosball to dodgeball, magic shows to boulevard games, Carnival has it all. Exotic additions to the fest are the Silent DJ and Nightlife Cafe, the showstoppers of Thomso nights, which surely leaves everyone with a whole lot of memories.
Expanding its wings to every distant corner of India, in 2019, Thomso carried out its talent hunting zonals – Karwaan in Bengaluru, Kolkata, Chandigarh Jaipur, Delhi, and Lucknow. The overwhelming participation in the zonal events have encouraged the team to cover more cities in the next edition of the fest.
So if the magnificence and splendour of Thomso captivates you, do visit them this October and experience the most exciting three days of your life.
Latest posts by Richa Patankar (see all)
- Xpressions 2019 : Annual Cultural Fest Of Xavier Institute Of Management, Bhubaneswar Is Here! | 8th – 10th Nov - November 7, 2019
- Waves 2019 : The Most Awaited Annual Cultural Fest Of BITS Pilani Goa | 1st-3rd Nov - October 31, 2019
- Vishwakarma Institute Of Technology Is Back With The Fifth Edition Of TEDxVIT | 16th Nov 2019 - October 25, 2019